- The number of expected attendees to your event over 100x the number of dedicated staff members you have working on executing it
- Your event located in a new, unfamiliar region
- Your event contains numerous components, i.e. lodging, transportation, reception venues, leisure outings, décor, gifts, etc.
|Photo courtesy of Culinary Crafts and DK Event Planning and Design|
|Photograph by Krista Rossow, courtesy of National Geographic|
- Contact the local CVB (Convention & Visitors Bureau) for reviews and suggestions of DMCs.
- Review the top 2-3 DMCs in your meeting/event location/region and submit RFPs (requests for proposals) and set up in-person meetings.
- Thoroughly review the proposals and make sure all of your questions and expectations are answered and addressed prior to going to contract.