- Tweak strategy on a weekly basis. Social media is always changing.
- The primary of purpose of every post is to draw people back into the main website
- Engagement and conversation are essential
- Give individuals (or in the case of the NFL, clubs) leeway to experiment, and apply successful tactics league wide
- Data tells an “objective and compelling story.” Follow it.
- Fans want to be engaged in “deep and more meaningful ways.” Give your product compelling value for the sake of your followers.
Ben Battaglia is a senior at Northwestern completing a degree in Integrated Marketing Communications, as well as majors in Political Science and International Studies. He loves exploring the power of social media, as well as football. You can find him tweeting his thoughts about Social Media and Marketing at @benbattaglia.