- Treat: Do not engage in a doctor-patient relationship.
- Teach: Provide timely and credible education.
- Consult: Share medical information and knowledge (he referenced his discussions on the Riata lead recall).
- Market: Tell people what makes you special.
- Become an expert or KOL (key opinion leader): Establish a national/international expert status to enhance your reputation.
In order to put an end to the misinformed health myths spiraling around the Internet it is crucial for Healthcare Practitioners to embrace the digital and social domain. By following my three tips: Be a Socialite, Be a Listener, and Be a Leader (And a Follower), you will encourage the spread of credible, trustworthy information and help the world become healthier one tweet at a time!
Professional Summary: Kiersten Corradetti is currently pursuing a Masters degree in Integrated Marketing at Medill, Northwestern University. She has worked in social media and online content strategy in the Health and Fitness Industry for four years. She has a passion for building brand communities. Questions or Comments? Ask me on Twitter @kierstenalex